key code warning light stays on

On a '96 boxer, the little lamp on the dash that is lit for "code" (on the anti-start circuit somewhere) that is supposed to go off if the correct key is used, won't go off - I can still drive (start) it up ok, but the light is a little annoying, especially as it's not covered in the book - the space it's in on the dash panel shows as a blank on all the pictures and I can't find the anti-start wiring in the circuit diagrams...

Any ideas why it's staying lit, and how to kill it ??

Reply to
bigjon