206 Standard fit Alarm on GLX 1999 model

The alarm has started to play up on my 206 1.4GLX. I have isolated it the interior sensors.When it's set without the interior sensors (by pressing the button near handbrake) it does not go off. Any ideas?

I have made sure that all windows are closed, nothing is hanging inside that can move and I have checked for evidence of any spiders. Do interior sensors just tend to go wrong after 4 years for no reason?

I'm loathed to go to dealer as they will say that have looked at it and relieve me off £50 for having a look and it will probably still keep going off!

Reply to
Duncan Masterman
[posted and mailed]

"Duncan Masterman" wrote in news:3f4f99df$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

Hi Duncan

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I have the exact same car and the exact same problem. Mines a 1999 V Reg 1.4 GLX 206 and my alarm will randomly go off. I tried the isolation fix but it still went off on me!

I'm reluctant as you are to go to the dealer, but unfortunately its my only option as nowadays, they just plug it into a laptop and it tells them whats wrong! Nothing anyone else can do.

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Mindwipe

"Mindwipe" wrote in news:bk2o15$cut$1 @news7.svr.pol.co.uk:

Thanks for the heads up. Any idea how much this costs and wheres a good supplier?

Cheers Chris.

Reply to
Chris