206cc door

Has anyone come across a 206cc drivers door hitting the front panel when opening? My daughters 206cc's door caught on the front panel when she opened the door and damaged the wing. Peugeot deny that it is a build/warranty problem and she now faces a £1000 bill or claiming on insurance.

Reply to
David

Most cars suffer that damage if caught by a strong wind on opening. Breaks the check strap. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Thats the starnge thing, it did not swing wide open - parked next to another car in a bay.

Reply to
David

Have a close look at the front and rear corners then. Maybe it got clouted and pushed the panel back. DaveK

Reply to
davek

same thing happenned to my mum years ago albeit in a sierra - turns out she hit a pot hole on the last drive and it was so big it actually managed to chorted the chassis! - the garage had to jig it to get it back in line.

make sure everything is in line as i'm pretty sire you'll find it won't be

Reply to
Tom

I would ask your Daughter *exactly* what happened to cause this. Sounds to me like user error, eg. reversing into space with drivers door open to see where she is going, and catching it on something lke the car in the next space. Check the handle side of the door for damage.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray