306 1.9 td 95 - handbrake warning light

Hi all. As of about 3 days ago, the handbrake warning light has started to come on when braking ( slightly down hill ) when approaching a set of lights. A quick google seems to imply that brake fluid levels are running low. I've checked this and the levels are near the max level. can anyone throw a few more possibilities this way??

thanks in advance..... foz

Reply to
Foz

Low brake pads? Loose connector? If you top up the fluid to maximum does the fault go away? One other thing that occurred to me was that if you frig the fluid switch so it thinks that it's full of fluid all the time, does the fault still occur?

Reply to
Malc

cheers malc. will give these a look tomorrow.

Reply to
Foz