306?

Not long had this car, found a key hole fixed on a bracket just under the bonnet at the front right. Can anyone tell me what it is for. Hotfoot

Reply to
outofthewoods

Sounds like the alarm disable switch, but I dont have a 306 so I can't verify it (I'm sure someone else will though!).

Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

It's to silence the alarm siren. I've just been looking through old keys and found the ones for my old 306's alarm, I've been looking for the address of the guy I sold it to, you didn't buy a silver D Turbo (would be an amazing co-incidence!!)

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

Amazing co-incidence it would have been , but sorry it was not me. Is the alarm key different to the ignition key? Hotfoot

Reply to
outofthewoods

Worth a go! Yes it is a different key. I think it's quite a common problem for the siren not to work anyway, mine didn't. It's becasue the siren itself is in the passenger side wheel arch. One way you can test it is to open the car with the key, then when you open the door, the headlights will flash, if your lucky, you may get a siren aswell, if not, your not alone. The car is still immobilised anyway, which I think is better than any alarm, people just ignore them,

Cheers Neil

Reply to
Neil D

My problem has been that the siren goes off at the slightest voltage drop, so using the wipers, interior lights, etc can set it off when you are driving along, sometimes it takes a couple of hours to settle down for the night, the siren keeps going off for around 30 secs or more then it stops and starts again, each time it gets quieter and quieter as if it knows I'm going to kick it soon if it doesn't stop. If I can get a key to stop the siren my neighbours would love me, thanks Hotfoot

message

Reply to
outofthewoods