306 Door Noise

Central locking.......

Intermittently my car will lock as soon as I unlock it, it doesn't happen the other way round. It's also been trouble free for the past month after being intermittent for the previous 6.... I was thinking this is different to the usual "car still thinks there's a door open" problem as it's the opposite of the "car unlocks when I try and lock it" problem I've seen when googling. Anybody any idea what could be causing this? Related to this (probably) is the fact that when I lock the car I can hear a "brrrrrbrrrrbrrrbrrrrbrrr" noise from the drivers door for around 2-3 seconds after the locks go down. Sounds a bit to me like an electric motor trying to do something, could I have a dodgy actuator in the drivers door? Usually if it's in "bounce" mode I can stop it by manually using the key in the lock rather than the remote. I've not taken the trim off yet to have a look, and don't really know what to look for apart from dirty contacts and mechanisms.

Anybody help, or point me towards a source of help?

Reply to
mike. buckley

hi you could have a motor fault or an a post loom fault. (loom that connects the door to the car hing part of door)if you gentlly pull back the gaitor and un clip the connector you might find a wire starting to break peugeot have a repair loom for this. ps dont rule out the motor. Regards

Reply to
noall

In message , noall writes

I checked the looms out a few weeks ago when the bouncing was more apparent, one wire has a split in it's insulation, but all others are good and it's not shorting anywhere. I'll check the motor.

Reply to
mike. buckley