306 - Flashing Headlights/sidelights

We have an N Reg 306XL. Have had problems with battery going flat. On recharging and reconnecting battery the Headlights/sidelights flash on and off for approx 30 seconds and go off. A few minutes later or when you open the door it happens again. Have removed the headlight switch and can still hear a "ticking" somewhere which indicates its not the headlight/sidelight switch. Have entered the immobiliser code correctly but no difference. Any ideas?

Reply to
amy87

sounds like your alarm is trying to reset its self.try and reset your alarm.

Reply to
Chrs

Thanks for the info, seems very possible. Any ideas how we reset the alarm. We don't have the user handbook for the car.

Reply to
amy87

Have you got anybody near you thats got the same car, if so ask them if they dont mind.as they might have a book on it or ring your local pug dealer they will help you.

Reply to
Chrs