306 dashboard brake light flickering

When I'm driving the handbrake light comes back on sometimes, especially when coasting, slowing or stopped. What does this signify?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Bailey

Probably that your handbrake needs adjusting. Too much play in the lever.

Reply to
Nigel

On some cars, it's also an indicator of low brake fluid

David

Reply to
David McCallum

on peugeots its the handbrake switch that causes the problem

if you have an info display (406/607 etc) then it will say "brake fluid level low" but its an intermittant switch causing it

Reply to
David McKray

Usually, the handbrake light doubles up as wear indicator for the brake pads. Most probably worn pads.

Reply to
Bzn.

Check your brake fluid cap is on properly. - Muppets I my local garage left mine off and the same problem occured.

Reply to
Jon