306 HDI acceleration rattle

can someone help?!?!

I have a 1999 50,000 mile 306 hdi. Under acceleration there is what I would describe as a tappety sound when the turbo kicks in. There is no loss in power with the car. I think I can also here when the turbo cuts out at high revs, but it is much more quiet.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Reply to
SIPJ

"SIPJ" wrote: > can someone help?!?! > > I have a 1999 50,000 mile 306 hdi. Under acceleration there > is what I > would describe as a tappety sound when the turbo kicks in. > There is > no loss in power with the car. I think I can also here when > the turbo > cuts out at high revs, but it is much more quiet. > > Any ideas would be appreciated.

i know what you mean, my car does the same. peugeot have looked at it and said that it is not a problem, but must say it does concern me at times

Reply to
306-dturbo

Well if Peugeot have said its ok, at least it cannot be a serious fault then!

Reply to
SIPJ