306 radio - removal

How hard is it to remove the radio, I have just looked and can not see how without breaking the platic?

Nick

Reply to
Nick UK

There are two slots under the bottom edge. Get a couple of narrow handled teaspoons and push them in. It might need a bit of fiddling about and jiggling, but it worked for me.

Reply to
Phil Cook

"Nick UK" wrote in news:41c6b89e$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

If you have a Phase I/II, even if you break the plastic, it can't be removed easily; if you can get hold of the 306 Haynes book, there are templates so you can make the tools yourself.

If you have a Phase III, it's the two holes next to the CD slot. Push, hook and pull (with a generic ISO tool).

Just about every 2nd-hand Phase I/II 306 I've seen with an aftermarket stereo has its radio slot damaged through using the wrong tools for the job and by consequence: the evident frustration of not being able to remove the radio easily. So take your time and use the right tools to avoid burring the plastic.

Reply to
southpawArcher