307 HDI Servicing & Service Indicator?

Just had my 307 HDI 90 18000 intermediate visit with 17100 actual on the clock,but only just noticed that the service indicator is quoting 4700 miles left to next service which is the 24000 by my reckoning is over 2000 miles out? would it be wise to go with the indicator or just wait till i've done the alotted 24000 miles?

Reply to
Ady

To the best of my understanding, the HDI in the 307 is due for 12,500 mile services, and 18K is not due.

Did you buy the car new? If it was used was it serviced at say, 6K when you bought it?

Reply to
Ben Cowell

Sorry if i mis intepreated it, Your quite right 18000 is not an official service it's a free Intermediate oil & water topup service.What i can't unerstand is the service indicator is reporting 4700 miles to 24000 but theres only 17100 on the clock.should i just wait till 24000 or go of the indicator?

Reply to
Ady

service idicator takes many parameters to calculate next visit to service...

how many cold starts, how many city drive, highway drive, fast or slow.....

further, it takes (i think) 10 km every day, even if car wasnt driven..

bRkiX

Reply to
bRkiX