405 reversing lights

New car to me and it had a clutch change prior to sale. I have no reversing lights - changed bulbs and checked the gearbox switch - all ok.

I noticed a loose connector - two yellow wires - purple coloured connector inside. The switch that is tied into the gearbox has two white wires.(car is "P" reg 1996 1.9lxd)

Don't want to plug something in gearbox that I know nothing about. Can anyone identify connectors?

thanks

Reply to
sid

Bob Minchin

Thanks for the reply Bob. I changed over the connector and the reversing lights now work. The other connector seems to be for a low oil warning light which my model does not have. Plonkers who changed the clutch just fitted the closest connector to hand.

Success - well pleased (auto electricians @ £40 an hour are only for really serious stuff) had visions of renewing wiring etc. running the length of the car.

regards

Reply to
sid