206 Exhaust

My exhaust broke today on my 206. Its the front section (to the front of the car), which includes the catalytic converter.

Got two quotes (fitted) - £400 from National Tyres and £275 from Kwik Fit. Do these sound sensible, obviously the Kwik Fit is much cheaper, but is it still ok do you think?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David

I think i would go to Kwik fit, i have heard some bad things about National Tyres,like chargeing people for complete systems when they have only replaced one part.so its upto you.!!!

Reply to
Chrs

Much as I hate to say this, have you asked for a dealer quote?

My experience with third party exhausts on all cars (not just pugs) has been pretty poor; an original equipment one lasts much longer and is worth the extra expense if you are intending keeping the car for more than a couple of years (which is the average life span of cheap pattern exhausts that I've had).

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh