[405] alarm system

Hello

How can I deactivate the alarm system? It drives me mad. When it's cold sometimes the keys are sticky and I end up with permanent beeping / red light flashing. Today I couldn't even drive my daughters to college. Unfortunately I haven't any booklet (chippy old car). I really don't need this alarm system. Thank you for an advise!

Reply to
Jens Richter

Turn it off with the special key under the bonnet (hood?) on the inside wing left hand side. Black plastic cover sometime fitted over keyhole. No key? Peugeot Uk wanted over 100UKP for a replacement lock and key about 8 years ago. Instead, peel back the sheath on the cable. I think it has 4 or 5 wires. Only two go to the switch, two form a tamper loop. Cut the two going to the switch contacts. Insulate the cut ends. Use the keyfob to clear the flashing light on the dashboard and from then on only use the mechanical key to lock the door. Remove the batteries from the key to make sure you don't forget and set the alarm again.

bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thank's very much. I'll have a look.

Reply to
Jens Richter

Ignore the septic.

the alarm is located under the driver seat and has two large plugs, disconnect them and forget about the alarm.

Reply to
Martin