406 1.9 TD Idling speed

Gents Can anyone tell me the following speeds for a 406 1.9 Turbo Diesel fitted with air con. Idling speed Fast Idling speed

Mike

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE

Hi,

No clue, perhaps around 800-850 RPM.

Usually 100RPM faster.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"> > Idling speed

What engine type? I have a Haynes manual somewhere with details of D9B engine. Trouble is that the reading on your tachometer may not be all that accurate. Best to go on perceived engine speed. If it sounds forced then its too fast! Fast idle is usually about 50rpm faster but mine goes about 200rpm for a short while and gradually reduces as the cable expands with the rise in engine temp.

Reply to
flash

Hi,

In the thread it is a XUD9TE, of course (1.9TD on a 406). The D6B is indeed a XU9JA, i.e a 1.9GTi.

True, but you usually see when it's on fast idle or on normal idle.

I guess I'd do that on feeling, too.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

My newsreader only picked up part of the thread - no mention of engine type! If the type of fast idle is the same as the D9B then it is a fairly primitive affair that may require adjustment. The a/c has a definite effect at idle or low revs -

Could try an musical electronic tuner. What's the frequency @ 850rpm +/- 50 :-)

If it has failed, adjusting the idle speed will more than compensate for any tendency to stall.No idea if that has any affect on mpg. Unless you spend a lot of time stationary in traffic of course.

regards

Reply to
flash

Nope, the thread deals with a Diesel.

Yes, but it is automatically compensated when AC is on.

Two ignitions / rev, single freq of ignition @850RPM=14.17Hz, real repetition of ignitions=28.34Hz. And why not a microphone plugged to an oscilloscope ? You'd then see a nice kind of AM-like waveform (with a far lower frequency, though). :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T