406

I am the owner of a 02 406 estate 110 the mileage is 62000. Just by way of a change, I am not looking for any advise, tips or help. I have had numerous cars over the years and without doubt this is the finest car I have owned. I have had it for 4 years, in that time I have replaced the battery, 2 front tyres and a back box on the exhaust, It is averaging 44 to the gallon ( not as good as Chris ) and diesel being the price that it is, that's not bad. I made a c*ck up the other day and filled up with the new super duper diesel at 136 p a Ltr, the performance on this stuff is remarkable, less gear changing and fantastic acceleration, I will check the M.P.G. when I next top up, if it is a couple of miles better I will stick with it. However this is a fantastic car, the only downer is that it has a built in Sat Nav, which is about as much use as a hand brake on a canoe, will not post code and so many roads come up with, " Road not Recognised " I even spent £90.00 on an update CD but it's not any better than the old one. Still I can live with that, I use a TOM TOM now. The car never fails to start, it's comfortable, fast and handles well. As I am 75 years old, it could with luck see me out.

Bryan ( Winchester UK )

Reply to
Bystander

Cant you turn it off, or at least remove the fuse, if u dont want to use sat nav,i always say the good old map is the best thing,

Reply to
Chris

Hells Bells Chris, you must be even older than me.

Bryan

Reply to
Bystander

Hi Chris,

Even if I'm happy with my GPS (the TMC feature is just brilliant... when it works, but being 'roud Paris it works everytime but may not avoid all jams of course), I still have my maps in the glovebox. Better safe than sorry :-) I had maps, then GPS. I changed my car and kept both GPS and maps with me ;-)

Regards,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T

Got to agree with you Bryan. I have a 1999 one previous owner GTX estate and it drives like a new car. Until I retired I was fortunate enough to have company cars and did

35000+ miles per year, but the 406 is the most comfortable I have driven. I will be interested hear what mpg you get from the "super diesel".

Ken.

Reply to
Ratchet