406 brake lights

hi

my brake lights are stuck on all the time i have tried the fuses i have tried the switch yet they are still stuck on any ideas please!!!!!!!!!!!

jim

Reply to
jimbowapwap

This is controlled by a simple switch normally located on the brake pedal some where. It is likely that this has failed or has jammed on. Try disconnecting it and it should make your lights go off. You will then need to get another of course.

Reply to
G Cadman

get under the dash and spray wd40 at it it has probly got dirt on it.

Reply to
Chris

See earlier post From: "jimbowapwap" Subject: Help Required with 406 Brake Light Switch Date: 06 January 2007 19:12

Hi I have just brought a 406 and have had a bit of an issue with the brake lights. they were fine for a few days, i then found that they were staying on all the time. i checked fuses etc and all were fine, this left me one option.. . The Switch!! ... well after bending myself in ways i didn't realise i could i found this little plastic switch halfway up the break pedal EUREKA i thought.. well i got it out of the hole it was in and depressed it with someone watching my lights. They stayed on so it has to be the switch right??? ??? Also can someone please explain to me how i getting this vital piece of plastic back into the small area that it fell out of as i cannot get it back in????

Please Help !!!!

Jim

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE

Mine stuck on after an emergency stop, it turned out to be the nylon switch holder in the footwell pushing the switch onto the peddle all the time. It just needed pushing back into place. You do need to get well in there to figure it out though, (large people need NOT apply).

jim.

Reply to
djimbo