406 key reprogramming

i have just bought a 406td. the key i have unlocks all the doors ,but pressing the button does nothing. the red light flashes on the key so battery is ok. can anyone tell me how to reprogram it to operate the central locking. thanks

Reply to
HIGGSY

This solution was given to me by somebody in an earlier post, and it worked for me with almost the same car.

Andy :-

Switch on ignition and press button on key whilst in ignition. keep pressed for about 10 seconds.

This sometimes resets the key.

Reply to
Nik&Andy

which MY