add cd changer into 206SW (or new radio)

Hi,

I still have a Kenwood 6cd changer of my previous car, is it possible to connect this to the default radio/cd of a 206SW ?

If not, can the default radio be removed so I can put the Kenwood radio in (with adapter cable), or is the wiring too different ?

Aeneas.

Reply to
Aeneas Verhe

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Aeneas Verhe) wrote in news:b1e6176.0310281222.57e7bb62 @posting.google.com:

You can't add the Kenwood changer to the original Peugeot head unit, but you can replace the Peugeot head unit with a Kenwood equivalent without much problem. It would be best however to get a Peugeot dealer to uninstall the original head unit from the car first to prevent problems later on, as the car does search for the head unit on regular intervals and will log fault codes if it can't find it.

Reply to
PaulC

I think there are some adapters to allow you to connect Kenwood changers to the Pug heads - can't remember where to get them from I'm afraid (although someone else might)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

take my advise & chuck out the std system, its basic & fairly crap anyway. Your kenwood changer will only work with a kenny head unit, and definately not with the std system. Wiring is not a prob, u'll jus need as peugeot - to - iso connector block(adaptor) and a fascia blanking/adaptor plate to fill any gaps cos the std system is not the same size as ur kenwood. bothavailable freely from halfords or similar store.

Reply to
Immi