Airbag warning light

My 1998 406 diesel airbag warning light is stopping on, any ideas what could cause this and a possible fix anyone?

Reply to
terb

"terb" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Loose connection under driver's seat. Secure or solder them together (instead of the plug).

This would be one of the 'greatest hits' for a Pug!

Get it sorted sharpish (or don't crash), because the entire airbag system is disabled when the light's on. And it will stay disabled until you restart the car.

Reply to
southpawArcher

Thanks for that southpaw archer, will check that out, does the plug just lie on the floor under the seat?

Reply to
terb

"terb" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

The cables should be attached to the seat itself with cable ties; from there they are routed to the selt-belt tensioner through a conduit under the carpet.

Reply to
southpawArcher

I have a peugeot 306 hdi, the airbag warning light is flashing all the time. I've checked the connections under the seat but everything seams to be ok. Any ideas ?

Reply to
steview

Have you checked under both seats?

I used to find that fiddling under the driver's seat seemed to do the trick except the last time I had this problem, where I had to fiddle under the passenger seat.

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Southpaw, thanks for your help, have had a look under seat and find that there are two plugs, one red one white, which is which? Should I just cut the plug off and put a block connector on? Regards.

Reply to
terb

Look at my post on this, I have the same problem and am getting some useful advice

Reply to
terb

Thanks to advice received have just fixed mine, it was the plug under the passenger seat, unplgged it and reconnected and it was fine, have been advised though, (look at my postings under terb) that it pays to make more secure connections than the plug,

Reply to
terb

Southpaw just realised that there was another plug under the passenger seat, unplugged and replugged and now everything is fine. The garage wanted £30 to run a diagnostic test, plus cost of repair. Isn't this site great!

Reply to
terb