beeping

I have just bought a new 307 Envy. Sometimes, when I turn on the ignition, I hear 3 beeps. Can anyone tell me whay they signify?

Thanks.

Reply to
mUs1Ka

maybe you are low on fuel? mine beeps when reserve light is on..

dong sound is heard when automatic lighting is active

three beps are also heard when car is turned off, key is in ignition, and dors are open

Reply to
bRkiX

Hi,

And perhaps the cause for beeping is displayed on the MFD.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Its normal to beep 3 times when the key is entered into the lock barrel, mine does this too. I believe it may the immobiliser/alarm system checking the key fob, but I may stand to be corrected on that theory?

Reply to
Chris

Chris wrote:

bRkiX wrote:

Thanks folks, but none of these is the answer. It only happens occasionally--three beeps, nothing else. Symbols show and go off as normal when the car is started. Because it is infrequent, it is difficult to work out.

Reply to
mUs1Ka

"mUs1Ka" a écrit dans le message de news:rIIRc.1912$O snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net...

Look at the MultiFunction Display, you may have a message to explain the beep. R1

Reply to
R1

OK, will do. Thanks.

Reply to
mUs1Ka

I've just taken deliveryof a 307 HDi and the same thing happened to me last night. I got three beeps when I turned off the engine, but the 3-beep pattern repeated about 10 times. The first time this has happended after about 10 journeys I'm also a bit mysitified as to what the beeping signifies - of you find out, then please post here as I'd like to fin out as well.

Reply to
The Man Himself

The Man Himself wrote:

If your 3 beeps form a rising pattern, it probably means that you opened the door with the key still in the ignition. Try it.

Reply to
mUs1Ka

Hi,

But the "stop" alert light should blink. Coming late, but I thought of it, when thinking of my parents' 2002 206 : three times three beeps (with rising notes, something like A B C), with key in the ignition barrel has possibly something to see with the transponder. I give a demonstration : you'll have a hole around the barrel. Cover it with something (your finger, for example), no more beeps. I don't know if the car still starts like that, though - I guess not.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T