Best Rated threads in Peugeot carsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

406 2.1TD Horrible to start first thing in the morning
Hi all, This is my first post and I'm sure with most ppls first posts it's a bad problem. The thing is when I first start my car (when it's cold) it takes ages to get going. I turn the key and it just...
13
13

peugeot 406 diesel starting fault
i have a 406 diesel v reg which starts runs for few minutes then stalls wont keep orange engine light on dash is on.have had it to two different garages with no luck.have had new diesel pump fitted...
3
3

How To Mute/Pause Stereo Using Remote Control Stick On Peugeot 406
I have a Peugeot 406 GTX 2001. Not having the Clarion stereo book I would like to know if it is possible to mute the stereo using the remote control stick (right hand of steering column). The remote...
3
3

205 Fuel Pump relay - Location?
Just WHERE is the fuel pump relay located on a 205 1.9 Gti? I have already searched this group for the answer, and it seems that there are a number of possibilities, I have a 1990 H 1.9, and I can't...
1
1

405 XU7 pinking problem
Hi All, My 1995 405 glx estate with XU7 - 8 valve tends to pink when fully warmed up on a long run. The engine has done about 60k miles from new and performs well in all other respects. the ECU is a...
2
2

PEUGEOT 307 KNOCKING NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION
I HAVE A KNOCKING NOISE FROM THE FRONT OF MY PEUGEOT 307. BUT THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN IT RAINS I.E GETS WET. THE ONLY THING THAT LOOKS LIKE IT GETS WET, IS THE ANTI ROLL BAR BUSHES. IT IS NOT THE...
7
7

Peugeot 106 Speedo stopped working
I've got a 1999 Quicksilver and the speedo has stopped working. Is the speedometer motor or cable driven as I cannot find a cable for the life of me? ?? Can anyone help?
5
5

Pug 106 TUD5 diesel pump timing
Hello all I'm in the process of replacing the head on a 106 - 1st time for me, so please bear with me :) Because of the way the engine failed, I was unable to get it to TDC and fix all the sprockets...
21
21

Peugeot 405 starting problems
We have a 405 turbo diesel car about 10 years old, with about 120,000 miles (genuine) on the clock. Recently the relay for the glow plugs developed a fault, in that it would switch on/off several...
6
6

Peugeot 405 Warning lights
I have recently purchased a 405, 10 years old, 90000 miles. It has developed the following - Airbag warning light is on. From research on this website this seems to be due to orange cables under the...
1
1

Peugeot 205 gti 1.6 (90') idle and stalling problem
Hi everyone! I recently bought an 205 gti and it has a big problem. The car is a rocket btw , great power , engine starts with no problems, but the car is having a problem with idling and stalling....

308 Feline Alarm
How do I lock A 2014 308 Feline without setting the alarm? With either the remote or keyless. The manual is confusing.

oil pressure insufficient still after being sorted twice
Can someone help me please I have a 307s 1.4 04 reg milage 11890. Took car to Peugeot garage to get this sorted twice they changed oil and filter and replaced an electro valve solonoid valve and had...

Alternator getting hot
Got to work the morning and smelt a 'electrical' burning smell comming from the engine bay. Closer investigation revealed a very hot alternator. The journey to work is only 4 miles, not enough for the...
13
13

Steamy windows in 607. Down to pollen filter?
Hi, My windows steam up in my 607 (no, not because of that!) It does it more on especially cold days. My last car, a Mazda, I was told that I should replace the pollen/cabin filter every couple of...
8
8

Headlamp beam deflectors for Peugeot 205XE
Can anyone point me towards a diagram of where to stick the beam deflectors on a 1988 Peugeot 205 XE?(i.e. the stick on ones for use in France)
5
5

460 economy mode
I think i know the answer to this already but is it possible to disable economy mode on a 52 plate 406? I very often have to wait around for more than 30 minutes and to having to turn the engine over...
11
11

307 110 HDI grinding sound when cold
Hi, My 307 SW HDI 110 has started making a strange grinding/rumbling sound when cold. I noticed it when pulling out of a car park and I thought there was a branch under the car or the plastic cover...
12
12

Stuttering peugeot 206 engine
Group, I'm heaving the following problem with our 6½ year old peugeot 206 1.6 16v. Sometimes when driving it starts to stutter a little, usually at around 2500 - 3000 rpm, and mostly in the first 15...
1
1

406 Antipollution fault
Petrol 2.0 Engine Few times I got 'Antipollution Fault' and the Engine runs as if on 3 cylinders - or it goes into a limbo mode After 10-20 seconds back to normal Yellow warning light remains on until...
3
3