central locking 306

any ideas! When locked using key in drivers side all doors are immediately unlock themselves, cannot use the infra red key i have lost it and main dealer wants an arm and a leg for a new one.

306xld Ste
Reply to
Stephen.Dobson

If it's the same problem I had then it's broken wires in the harness between the drivers door and the car itself. I managed to pull the rubber back far enough to find the broken ones and 'bridge' them. Dealer wanted over £200 to replace and it is a well known fault according to them!!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

"Len Cuff" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Like the new concept of the ignition coil (directly connected to the spark plugs) which is another failure. If broken, it ruins the motormanagement.

Reply to
B52

When my drivers-side electric windows began working only randomly an electrician pulled that black harness back and immediately pointed at the broken wire.

He soldered it together and said sometimes its a permanent fix, other times its just temporary.

Cost of the new harness (a very well known weakness on both Pug and Citroen): £50 Cost of labour to replace it on a Pug (wiring codes are for a Citroen, you have to match each wire up for around 3 hrs): £100

So far (touch wood) windows have been reliable for ~2 weeks.

James

Reply to
James Green