diesel

Anybody in surrey know any place that sells BioDiesel??? i have heard that it is very cheap also it is good for the car, dont know if this is true, from chris Addlestone Surrey.

Reply to
Chris

It is taxed at 20p less per litre than normal diesel. There used to be a place in Iver, near slough, but I can't find the details any more. There is a basic list here

Brian

I would suggest a bit of further investigation first as in a recent thread ("Pugs and biodiesel" 21/5/2006) it was claimed that it was not suited to all engines. Apparently older ones are ok but newer models should only be run on a mix containing 10-20% bio. There is also apparently some question as to whether use of bio can affect warranties.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Thanks for that Brian, i give it a look. from chris Addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chris

I don't think Chris will be too worried about the warrany issue on a 405TD.

Reply to
Brian

Sorry Brian my old pug 405 don't have turbo fitted.some times i wish it did but i can put up with a old plodder.

Reply to
Chris

Had a look and i am thinking twice in useing it .

Reply to
Chris

Any body used it ?

Reply to
Chris

I use it , but in my 1995 Discovery 300TDi not a Pug it runs very well with it. I've ran it on upto 80/20 mix but it's not recommended for newer engines.

It's great when all the regular stations are selling at 99.9p or more and I was buying at 91.9p

Reply to
Chappers©

AND WHERE WAS THAT??

Reply to
Chris

AND WHERE WAS THAT??

Reply to
Chris

IN MANCHESTER !!!!!!!!!

but there are more places starting up around the UK

Reply to
Chappers©

======================================================= Anyone using it on Peugeot 406 Hdi engine? How long/How much(ratio of bio to conventional) Cost savings? Downside, if any? Tia, Wally.

Reply to
W.Lindsay

I think that counts as a "newer" engine and you should not use stronger than a 10-20% mix (i.e 10-20% of bio). I don't think its worth the hassle of filling from two different pumps when the engine (or at least mine) is already returning an average of 46mpg.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks