406 Estate Brakes!

I have a small problem with my 406.... The rear brakes are totally shot. I have removed the caliper/disk/hub and am trying to seperate the back-plate from the handbrake cable, but it won't let go...

I havn't got a manual, can anybody tell me if these parts are seperate, should the cable be part of the backplate, or are the two seperate???

In the rusty mess that was once brakes the two look like they blend in to one part, so I can't tell.

Help appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Hi Andy

Whether you have drums or disks, the handbrake cable and the bakplate are always separete items. Wouldn't be surprised if you had to replace both. I emailed you a picture.

IPG

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

I am not familiar with the brake system but here is a quote from Haynes.

"Remove the relevant set of handbrake shoes and detach the expander mechanism from the end of the cable. Tap the outer cable out of the backplate"

It then goes on to describe the rest of the procedure for removing the cable.

Keith Willcocks (remove .nospam from address to reply)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks