Couple of 406 questions

Hi All

Just got a 406 1.9 turbo diesel

  1. The dashboard displays (mileometer, radio) is very dim, adjusting the little wheel thingy under the dash has very little effect. Is there anything elase I should look for

  1. The is a hidden keypad under the dash (anti-start I think), but I can find no reference to it in the owners manual. How do I operate it?

  2. I currently have a Sony MP3 player, what's the best way to fit it?

  1. Does this car have the trip computer (I can't see the display see 1 above). The button mentioned in the manual on the wiper control doesn't seem to move

TIA David McCallum

Reply to
David McCallum

Noway

I only have one button there, any other clues?

The button appears to be stuck, is this a common fault?

David

Reply to
David McCallum

Theres no button on the wiper side, only on the left hand side witht he lights (which operates the horn)

Reply to
Cheater2k

I have a 1998 GLX, it looks like I have the button, but I don't have the computer and hence can't press the button. At about 1998, only the executive had the computer (and later on the GTX's too)

Neil

mpg/overall

Reply to
Neil D