Dent in door

While I was away from my 306 yesterday, some kind person drove into the driver's door and buggered off without leaving any kind of note / explanation / apology / contact details. There's no paint damage on the door panel, although the trim strip is quite badly scuffed.I think the dent could be straightened out by someone who knows what they're doing, and I (obviously) want to avoid having to make an insurance claim. Does anyone know of a company that's any good at sorting out this sort of problem, in the Cambridgeshire area?

Reply to
j.stewart12

I've used "Chips-Away" in the past & they seem to do a reasonable service!

HTH

Regards, John

Reply to
JohnJBurness

Thanks, John.

Anyone give me a clue about likely cost? It's quite a big dent - probably about the size of a football, I would say.

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

Thanks, John.

Anyone give me a clue about likely cost? It's quite a big dent - probably about the size of a football, I would say.

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

Jim,

No real clue. When I used them it was for a number of minor "Shopping-Trolley" dents as well as a bit of an awkward one. This was under £200.

Since, my normal garage had quoted over £400 (plus VAT) for the awkward one on its own, I was well pleased!

Incidentally, the one I used was in Bedford. If you can't get one closer to you, Bedford is only about 35miles away!

Regards, John

Reply to
JohnJBurness

Thanks again. Even better, as I live almost in Bedfordshire, Bedford's only 12 miles away!

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12

In that case, the Bedford outfit has its own Web-Page on:-

Regards, John

Reply to
JohnJBurness

John,

Thanks again. Couldn't get through to Chips Away, but managed to make contact with Dent Devils, who did the job on the next day (ie today) in a couple of hours and charged me half of the cost of my policy excess. Highly recommended.

Jim

Reply to
j.stewart12