dim dip resistor peg. 306

car - M reg peg. 306 xl

Hello please can anyone tell me what the dim dip resitor looks like and its location.

does it look like a small cylinder , approx 10-15 cms long & 3cms in diameter ?? clipped on to the inside of the lefthand side wing ?

Reply to
vinyljukie

It does. You have to move the fuse box out of the way to get at it. I take it your dipped headlights no longer work. I had the same problem and I have just bypassed the resistor with a scotchlok.....Not very professional but it works. I dread to think how much pug would have charged me for a replacement that is caused by their dodgy design.

Hope this helps

Konichiwa

Reply to
konichiwa

thank you for your reply. yes dipped lights don't work.

i think the resistor has burnt out as there is some blackness/corrosion on the connector to the resistor.

I have just bypassed the resistor with a scotchlok..... i'll try and a get a replacement but whats a scotchlok ?

Reply to
vinyljukie

a scotchlok is a nasty blue electrical connector which enables you to wire into another wire without cutting it. hate them myself but hey, thats just me.

Reply to
steve

ok thanks for your help

Reply to
vinyljukie

Reply to
Mindwipe

Fair comment. It is advice that has been given in this group in the past though. That's how I come across it in the first place.

Reply to
konichiwa

just replace the connector block(peugeot do one which is intended for the speedo sensor that fits and renew the resistor depending on country the dim dip function may be legally required

Reply to
Mindwipe

Hi,

I've had the same problem for some years and have constantly replaced the resistor. Peugeot up here in St Helens is now charging £22 + vat for the thing.

Does anyoen know why it blows? Someone mentioned Peugeot's crappy design...

Thanks,

Wayne

Reply to
weastaugh