Fitting a Panasonic stereo in a 2002 Peugeot 206

Just bought a 2002 Peugeot 206 GLX and would like to put my Panasonic CQ-RDP383N MP3 stereo in.

  1. I've heard that multiplexing can now make life difficult. How do I know if my car uses this? If it does, will it affect fitting my panasonic?

  1. Will my Carion cd changer that is already fitted work with my Panasonic stereo? I've heard they're incompatible?

  2. Do I have to buy a cable adapter? I've figured out which cables do what (sort of) so would be happy to just cut the wires and do it manaully. Is this wise?!

  1. Any easy way of getting the remote stalk to work with it, or do I have to shell out more for an adapter?

Thanks

Reply to
stevie1308808305

Not really, but you will need to pop your 206 into your local Peugeot dealer, for them to tell the BSI that it should no longer look for the factory stereo. It shouldn't cost any more than the minimum charge of an hour's labour.

It does.

Nope.

Nope.

They are.

Yeps, if you want to connect your steering wheel stalks. The headunit will just plug right in. You will also need a facia adapter to actually fit the headunit into your dash.

Buy both the Stalk and Facia adaptors from

NO !

Fitting head units in this way is a bodge of epic proportions. The adapters exist for a reason - use them. There's nothing worse than a car with a butchered stereo loom, caused by some tightarse who chose not to buy the required adaptor !

Yes, just plug in the adaptor above ! It's that easy.

Well they aren't gonna give you one for free are they :)

Reply to
Nom

Great advice mate thanks.

Just out of interest what happens if I fit the stereo but don't get the BSI done?

Nom wrote:

Reply to
stevie1308808305

I can't remember :)

I suspect your MultiFuncti>

Reply to
Nom

You still got the Pug406 Coupe :) I always loved them cars.

Reply to
Elder

Yep, still Pugging along :)

No plans to change unless it starts going wrong - I really love it !

How's the groove at your end of the world ?

Reply to
Nom

Made redundant, got new Job, sold the Saab and bought a simple bog stock Octavia. Need to sort out a decent sound system for it. The cheap Goodmans MP3 HU I've fitted is OK, but I really miss the old Car PC. Need to rebuild it, I guess.

Reply to
Elder