Hunting 106

Looking for some help

On a 106 Independent 1998 1.1 - it's started to show signs of hunting both at idle and in steady state cruise.

It's infuriating - I had it in to my local workshop today and they ran a "diagnostic check" - all emissions well within spec - he replaced the plugs in a just in case move, however all to no avail.

There is no real misfire, just a continuous variation in rpm - enough to be noticable when driving along at "constant" speed.

I've run the engine with the throttle set using the sector on the carb to eliminate cable play. There have been no ECU warning lamps. Sounds to me like a sensor playing up.

Any thoughts please?

Reply to
Charlie Macdonald

I had a similar fault on a 1994 106 1.1 turned out to be the multi plug corroded, this multi-plug connects the main engine harness to the car harness, and is found at the rear of the engine below the inlet manifold, its a large male-female type plug, pull it apart and check the connections

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy