Is it easy (and cheap) to disable the immobiliser?

I am fed up with key remotes that become faulty and render my vehicles useless (because the remote also fails to unlock the immobiliser when faulty). Rather than the hassle of obtaining and coding a spare key (and still have the worry of an immobilised car when I can't get to the spare key), would it just be simpler to disable the immobiliser so that I can use all my actual key mechanisms to open the door and trhen start the cars? If so, how do I go about it? Any advice appreciated. Thanks, Chrisssss..... PS I have tried new batteries and reprogramming my spare keys for my two cars, but they are both still dead.

Reply to
Chrisssssss.........

I should have said that the two cars in question are a Peugeot 306 (X reg) and a Citroen Xsara V reg). Chrisssss.......

Reply to
Chrisssssss.........

I was lucky in that my car was in a body shop after some young bimbo had forgotten that more speed, rain and a lack of any real driving experience limited her cars ability to go round sharp bends.

Anyway, the battery went flat and the keyfob didnt work, so they had to pay for an auto electrician to come in and bypass the system. Not sure what he did, but seems to have done the trick. Call a few, they might only charge =A330 to come and bypass the system.

Cheers, Adam

Reply to
adamc

Thanks Adam. Will do. I had an 'orrible feeling that it might be one of those jobs that Only Citroen could solve, thereby costing the extortionate fee of £60 an hour just for labour. Thanks, Chrissss.....

Anyway, the battery went flat and the keyfob didnt work, so they had to pay for an auto electrician to come in and bypass the system. Not sure what he did, but seems to have done the trick. Call a few, they might only charge £30 to come and bypass the system.

Cheers, Adam

Reply to
Chrisssssss.........