MY406 smokes

i think your find it puts air into your servo.which helps with your brakes.so you dont have to stand on the pedal. chris Addlestone

Reply to
Chris

greggig

So its time to look closer very close, are you in a garage or outside with a very bright light.

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Michael Roche

Reply to
greggig

Take your time when doing the injectors.also did you have a word with watson diesels about your engine?

Reply to
Chris

Take your time when doing the injectors.also did you have a word with watson diesels about your engine?

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
greggig

Gregg Had another thought, the 406 uses 2 things to improve emissions in the UK

1) a spring chamber attached to the air cleaner box this prevents flooring the throttle and causing black smoke. Has the throttle cable been replaced and this spring unit left out.
Reply to
Michael Roche

Reply to
greggig

Gregg My 406 1.9 TD sounds like a tractor until the oil warms up then quietens down. I have had it since new and it has always been like this. There are two places air can get into the system.

1) into the fuel. This will usually cause starting problems.

conscientious,But I

Reply to
Michael Roche

Reply to