406 valve clearance

Hi anyone know what the valve clearance should be on the 406 lx dl 2.1

1998 and what sort of job it is the ajust them respects gregg
Reply to
greggig

have the got shims?

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
greggig

sorry to say new camshaft, or you might be able to just replace the shims.its a lot of messing about just doing the shims.

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
greggig

just put up with the noise. if its noisy.

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
greggig

or sell the car and let some one else have the problem hahaha

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
greggig

But a 100E would be on at least its fourth or fifth engine by now and the body would be as rusty as hell ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Reply to
greggig

What model is it (Anglia/Prefect/Popular)? The estates as I remember were pretty rare and on consideration I am pretty sure there wasn't a Popular version. Now the memory is starting to kick back in, wasn't the estate a model in its own right, the Escort? I had the earlier Popular saloon E93A commonly known as the "sit up and beg" model.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Reply to
greggig