Peugeot 206 hdi Engine cooling fan

Noticed overheating in this hot weather. The 'in front of radiator' fan seems to be not working and I wondered if anyone knows the failure modes of these fans, it seems to be extra sticky on one portion of its rotation but I dont know if they have an anti freewheeling state or if the fan has failed, no MIL light shows. Fuses seem ok. Anyone know the kick-in temperature? Any suggestions? Thanks C+
Reply to
Charlie+
WARNING: DO NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ANYWHERE NEAR THE FAN EVEN WITH THE ENGINE SWITCHED OFF. If the engine is off and still hot the fan can start up. In my experience the fan usually kicks in at over 90 Celsius. The water needs the correct antifreeze mixture:
What makes you think it is overheating?
Reply to
mick