Peugeot 406 Hdi Coolant temperature too high

Hello,

I have the following problem with my 2002 Peugeot 406 XT Hdi. When starting a cold engine after approximately one 1 minute I get the message from my computer saying "coolant temperature too high". The stop light starts to blink and the cooling fan goes to max while the temparature indicated is normal that means "cold". This blinking stop light continues for about 3 minutes. Then suddenly the temp indicator goes to 90 degrees stay there for second and drops to zero (cool). From that moment the blinking of the stop light stops and everything works perfectly.

Has anyone experienced this problem? What might be the cause.... temp.sensor???

Thanks Hans Grasdijk

Reply to
Hans Grasdijk