slowness problem with 406 hdi

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my 406 hdi yr 02. In fact when I am on the 4th gear, i can push upto 130-150 km/h however when I step up to the 5th, the car either stays still, no increase in speed or if i am on a sloppy road, the speed goes down drastically. I have had the injectors changed, the air intake cleaned, the diesel pup and filters changed but still no change. However I have a yellow indicator light on my board and have a Antipollution error on the display.

Anyone ahev an idea...?

Thanks in advance ;)

104
Reply to
104

I've just swapped my '97 2.1 dti for an '04 2.0 90 bhp. I was very disappointed at the performance until I adjusted the throttle cable and took (nearly) all the slack out of it. The cable had stretched so much that the throttle was never getting fully open. It transformed the car. it's now a pleasure to drive. OK it still doesn't have the guts of the 2.1 but it's very acceptable.

Reply to
ccMikeF