Peugot 406 Diesel

My car has done 60k and is using about 1 litre of water every 1000 miles, no sign of any leaks, recent new water pump fitted, is this normal? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
terb

Er, no

But before you start fearing the worst, if there are no leaks and you are not being followed by a cloud of steam from the exhaust, it might just be that that the cooling system wasn't filled properly after the new pump was fitted. More expert people than me will no doubt tell you how the bleed it properly, or a trawl through old postings to the group may help.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:d3441l$ggl$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

because it will boil if not bled correctly however after a thousand miles it will be bled take it back and get it checked there may be a slight leak but if its been fixed in my opinion it should be fixed and thats coming from a guy who fixes them for a living

Reply to
Mindwipe

Do you write haikus as well? ;-)

Reply to
Malc

you are of course taking the piss but its well done,withall

obviously hiakus seems to be beyond me my friend

Reply to
Mindwipe

That's pretty good for this time of the evening...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:d34a3t$m7h$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

Yes, better than I could manage. How many syllables do they need?

Reply to
Malc