Re: 406 hdi

"m4rtspug" wrote: > does anyone know where to get an aircon pipe for a 406 hdi?? > or is it goin to be a main dealer job?? > was goin to use a compression joint to repair the pipe on my > car but im not sure on the pressure that the system will be > put under!! > thankyou in advance for any replies > m

Hi, I just had my a/c sorted out, it uses a dual pipe assy for linking compressor to condenser and system. If its the same as mine (year 2000

406 ), the cost of pipe is £32 +vat, but fitting it needs a special tool. Best bet is to order the pipes and take them to the local a/c man and have him fit them and re-gass. 1.5 hrs and gas =£155. + pipes cost. T.
Reply to
Tonyh

"Tonyh" wrote: > Hi, I just had my a/c sorted out, it uses a dual pipe assy for > linking compressor to condenser and system. If its the same as > mine (year 2000 406 ), the cost of pipe is £32 +vat, but > fitting it needs a special tool. Best bet is to order the > pipes and take them to the local a/c man and have him fit them > and re-gass. 1.5 hrs and gas =£155. + pipes cost. > T.

thankyou i will do that regards mart

m4rtspug

Just to add. The early pipes to the compressor were seperate, but now they have superceded them to one single assembly. If you are careful you can get the pipes apart with three thin screwdrivers, depending on accessibility, and how dextrous you are!!. Always renew any seals, and do the job as quickly as possible to prevent too much "damp" air getting into the system, especially if you have a dryer in the circuit.

Reply to
nigel