406 HDi - Year 2000 - fault codes

Has anybody had any experience of reading out fault codes for a 406 Hdi year

2000 using any of the cheaper aftermarket codereaders that are starting to become available in the DIY market . Are they compatible ?

Examples include:

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Phil,

I've got the ISO scantool listed in your first link, and it works fine with the HDi 138 in my Citroen C4.

You'll only get the data listed in to satisfy European emission regulations, plus the fault codes. You will not be able to fiddle with any of the multiplex settings, like how long the courtesy light stay lit, or how dark it has to be before the auto head lights fire up, that's specific to PSA's electronics.

Your vehicle is pre 2003. Diesel vehicles after 2003 must be ISO OBD ready, so it's not certain that your car is compliant - however I'd bet that it is.

If your OBD connector has the ISO pins, it'll probably work:

and I suggest you get a copy of OBD-II ScanMaster demo from
FYI, the OBD socket in my Citroen in hidden behind the ashtray, so if you've not found it yet, it's a regulation requirement for it to be located within

1m of the drivers seat.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Midgley

hi,

Do you have the error code translation table for a 406 2,0 HDI with multiblexed e system (year 2003).

TIH

Chris Midgley wrote:

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com

The codes you get back from your Peugeot should all be ISO On Board Diagnostic (OBD-II) standard, as listed here: (Ignore the manufacturer-specific codes, and go to the Generic OBD Diagnostic codes.)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Midgley