Re: Noise In Reverse After Changing Front Brake Pads

could be the pads are sticking. put some copper grease behind them are on the slide bar. Also it's not a 'pro' job, just takes a little time and patience.

Simon

> > Hi > > > > I changed my front brake pads last Saturday and everything went fine. > > However now when I'm reversing and I put my foot on the brake, I get a > loud > > almost high pitched (sounds a bit like a chair being dragged across the > > floor) sound. > > > > Any ideas what this could be? Would it be something to do with the front > > pads I changed? Do I need to oil/grease them or something? I never > > applied any additional lubricant to the pads or parts etc. > > > > Or could this indicate a problem with my rear brakes now? > > The fact that you don't know should give you the clue that you shouldn't > have done the job yourself. Brakes are kind of important. > > yes you need to lubricate behind the pad. also you may have needed to > change the guide pins on the calipers. The clunk/binding is quite common, > but can be fixed by someone who knows what they're doing. > > It's not a job I'm a 100% confident about, that's why I always get a pro to > do my brakes. > >
Reply to
SimonDS

"SimonDS" wrote in news:bkekqu$onn$1 @sparta.btinternet.com:

Cheers ;o) I've got some copper grease now, I'm going to apply some today and see if it sorts the problem.

Thanks for your help ;o)

Reply to
Chris

Umm, by all standards im not a pro, i just make not how things come to bits and put them back that way. Ive cut brake cylinders off the back drums, ive re-bled the entire system, put new handbrake cables on and adjusted them. Its not a pro job, its a "time consuming" job and whether you have faith in yourself. When it comes to brakes would you pay someone who you "think" is a pro or would you do it yourself?

God, I dropped my struts out last weekend and lowered my car. Once side was so bad I had to undo the trackrod ends and drop out the driveshaft. I wouldnt say it was a hard job, but its definitely time consuming and its best to keep track of where nuts go and stuff.

It all depends on A - Whether you can be bothered B - Whether you can be trusted C - Whether you have the time

I tend to find that a lot of people fall short of one of these and delegate the task to someone they believe satisfies it. If you are going to pay someone £100 to do something simple then you will always find someone willing to have a go!

scott

Reply to
scott

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (scott) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Scott, I think you're spot on. And I can tell you for a fact, a lot of people I know won't do it themselves, despite what they might say, is because they fall under category A in your list!

Reply to
Chris