Replacing upper strut mounts/bushes

On a 306 - does this require the spring/shock to be disassembled?
According to Haynes it does but I did the same on my old Fiesta and
they just came out as a complete strut.
Thanks all.
On 10 May 2006 12:09:14 -0700

Compress the spring a little it helps to get it out as one unit.
Thanks Chris :o)
Hello again...
Replaced the A/R bar droplinks today and it's still doing it.
Incidentally, I recommend just angle grinding the old drop links out, much easier.
I'm going to try the bushes next, but just wanted to double check a few things:
If it's the lower arm bushes, is it easier to just replace the lower arms? This is what I had to do on my Fiesta.
How do you replace the A/R bushes? A friend who looked at it said there is a cover that seems to be hooked on some where - if you undo it, you can move it but not remove it.
Will the ball joint just rattle by hand if it's loose or do I need to use a tool?
Thanks for your help.
On 20 May 2006 09:29:03 -0700

Have u looked at your anti roll bar rubbers it could be them
hi,
if your 306 is suffering from the same knocking noise from the rear end that mine is then i've been reliable informed that its the sub frame mounts that have gone. apparently the parts are 80 ( or there abouts)
let me know how you get on with it.
Craig