ticking 206 when moving and not acclerating...

Hi

Hopefully someone can lend a few words of advice. I have a 2000 Peugeot 206 GLX 1.4 which has suddenly started making a strange cliclking noise when the car is moving and either the accelerator is not pressed or the clutch is pressed (i.e. when the vehicle is moving forward under power the noise stops but when the vehicle is slowing or just rolling forward without acceleration, then the noise starts). Initially I thought something was interfering with the rotation of the wheels as the slower the car goes the slower the ticking is, but I have checked and can see nothing unusual (although I am far from a mechanic!).

There does seem to be some vibration from the gear stick when the ticking is present although other than that the vehicle appears to drive normally. I am beginning to think I might have some sort of problem with the clutch but any opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

Reply to
G_Samuel

The silliest things can sometimes be the answer. Have you by any chance got a stone stuck in the tyre tread. If not, I am out of ideas.

Reply to
Buccaneer

The last time this happened to me it was a nice long self-tapping screw that had worked its way into the tyre, so check your tyre pressures. Even if they are OK, it's still worth having a good look all the way around each tyre because something like this can be self-sealing to begin with. It doesn't stay that way for long though...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson