Crackling Radio

The radio in my 205 Pug has started to crackle and I can hardly hear the stations, but if I put on a cassette you can listen to it without any crackling. Could it be a loose wire, how can I trace the wire to find out if this is what's wrong, or could it be caused by this weather, maybe some water lying somewhere?

Reply to
Anonymous

Most likely a poor connection to the aerial. Check the plug hasn't fallen out of the back of the radio, then check the connector onto the aerial itself. Otherwise it is a fault within the radio.

Reply to
brian

Absolutely. It can't be the amplifier or the power supply so it must be the aerial or the RF section of the radio.

Reply to
Malc