XU9DTE fault

OK, citroen ZX TD volcane - fire it up, almost immediately revs through the ceiling and wont shut off for a few seconds after the key is turned. Any ideas? I'm pretty lame when it comes to diesels, so im at a loss. Ive had the suggestion that it might be the fuel pump - i hope not at 1200£! It revs its little nuts off, rattles a bit and smells really rich.

Clues? James

Reply to
CoyoteBoy

Ooops, mean XUD9TE :) ButI'm sure you all know that.

Coyoteboy

Check your oil ! If the Turbo's bearings are shafted, the engine may be running on it's own oil (by sucking it in through the Turbo's seals) ! If your oil level hasn't dropped though, then this isn't your problem :)

Reply to
Nom

Thanks for the tip, I'll check the level and see if i can get the outlet off the turbo to check for oil leakage.

James

Reply to
coyoteboyuk

"The throttle cable is fine, but the pump throttle arm felt a little tight / gritty (without cable attached)

Air filter isnt that old, but surely doesn't cause that all of a sudden, Oil level - again has used some but not massively or more than normal, Pulled fine before taking it to them eitherway without smoke.

More than a bit clackety - sounds like my valves are sat on the pistons!

Will check vacuum hoses - nothing looked out of place, although a breather hose has split but has been a little for a while with no problems. (special part taper hose)" Thanks for the thoughts so far. James

Reply to
coyoteboyuk