1993 Citroen ZX Volcane TD

Hi

1993 ZX blower motor just stopped working - checked fuses all OK cannot identify relay if it has one. Any ideas?

Phil

Reply to
PhilC

Most probably the rheostat in the motor gone phut available seperately hth.

Reply to
Tim-mz500r

iirc the motor is underneath the dash, sometimes giving them a "whack" gets them going again.

reg.

Reply to
kronenburgh

That was a thought I had - it is quite accessible it's fitted in the air intake for the heater below the screen. Any way of bypassing it?

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

Hi.

Could be a dodgy switch, or possibly just a dodgy connection on the back of the swittch where the wiring plugs in. I fixed something once on a car (not a ZX, mind you) by simply unplugging the wiring block and plugging it back in. Obviously scraped enough of the accumulated dust/rust/crap off the contacts to get it working again.

Or it could be the motor burning out, but if the fuse is ok then I doubt that - slightly different case I know, but a wiper motor in an old Mk2 Astra van I had kept on blowing 30A fuses, and it was knackered inside - all the coils were burnt out. But that's probably not what's happening in yours.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Tried removing switch and checked wiring for obvious damage crud etc. going to try the rheostat - Tim-mz500r - as above any thoughts as to how to bypass the rheostat? I assume if I remove it and bridge the wires it will work at full speed?

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

you could try shorting the small diode but it will be on full speed all the time usual disclaimers apply ;) Regards Tim

Reply to
Tim-mz500r