XUD 1.9 engines

I have an N-reg 306 XLD with a knackered engine. I have been offered an XUD 1.9 engine out of a 205. Are they the same?

Neither mine nor the offered engine is turbo.

I bought the Haynes book and it refers to the 1.9 engine in 3 guises - D9B (XUD9A L) DJY (XUD9A) DJZ (XUD9 Y)

but it doesn't say what the differences are.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bill

Reply to
bill

Of course.

So, you don't know anything :-) XUD9A/L is a (L)ow pollution version of the XUD9A, post-07/92 version, IIRC, which complies with '93 ECC pollution directives. The difference between XUD9A & Y should be that one is offering 68-70HP out, and one 65HP. The 205 lump should be able of 65HP.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi, This is probably not the same, my 205 Diesel and other from friends,this is not XUD9 1.9, but XUD7 ( i thing) 1.8. The big difference is 70 HP for 1.9 (1905 cc) and 60 HP for 1.8 (1769 c).

Info available on model in Belgium. Must be the same in other countries.

"bill" a écrit dans le message de news:c0m3vs$jj$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Mordant Jean-Yves

Hello,

friends,this

Indeed, XUD7 is 1769cc. Some 205 at export (read built for other countries, like Germany) were 1.9. OK, in Germany it had a catalyzer, but 1.9 anyway :-)

Late 1.9 yes, early 1.9 was 65HP.

a+, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

I think the guy means will it fit - 10 HP is nether here or there.

Bill

friends,this

Reply to
bill