1991 Grand Am Speedometer Cable

Does anyone know where the speedometer cable on a 91 Grand Am goes to after going through the firewall? I have looked and looked. It's almost like it disappears! The needle every now and then will jump and start working,[depending on the size of the bump in the road]and then stop. I am hopeing that the other end is loose or something. Maybe it just needs greasing. Can anyone help? Thanks a million, Cajun

Reply to
Cajun

IIRC, your 1991 car does not have a speedo cable. 1992 and up do not. IIRC, the change over was in 84 or 85. See if there is a sending unit on top of the trans, right side.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=