2000 Grand Prix GT question

I just bought this car from my father. When looking inside the trunk, there is a black box hanging from the top of the trunk just below the rear window and close to the driver side rear speaker. Has lots of wires going in and out, so obviously something electronic. Can someone tell me what this box is?

Les

Reply to
Les Culpepper

Depending upon which sound system this vehicle has it could be the low frequency amplifier.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

a CD changer perhaps?

Reply to
TSC

It has what appear to be cooling fins on the bottom of the box, so i thought it might be some sort of amp. I have the cd player (not changer, not one with the equalizer) and the bose speakers.

Reply to
Les Culpepper

In that case I am very confident that what you are seeing is the low frequency amplifier. The drawing shows it located exactly where you described it to be.

Reply to
Silver Surfer