2000 Montana - Battery light with no steering

Hi,

Just this morning when I started the Montana, I had no trouble starting but within about 10 secs, I got battery warning light and no steering. This happened before where I would lose the engine, brake, and steering and of course, the battery light came on. However, I had no trouble starting the car in the past. But now, I could restart the car but I keep loosing steering.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Simon

Reply to
Newbie

i assume you mean power steering? or is that the steering column isn't unlocking? or is the the wheels wont actually turn?

Reply to
M.C. Tee

You lost a belt.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

No power steering or brakes and the alt light on is a symptom of the engine not running. Especially when you put it in gear and it does not move. Perhaps you should check and see if the engine is running the next time it happens.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul