2000 Sufire Safety Recall Notice

Today, I received a Safety Recall Notice in the mail regarding the ignition starter relay kit. I had noticed over the years that at times my Sunfire would not immediately start. I thought it was due to cheap gas or a bad battery. I will gladly take my car into the shop and have the new kit installed.

Reply to
Doug

It probably wont fix the bad starting, its to keep your steering column from bursting into flames or melting if you have the starter on for extended periods of time.

Reply to
Paradox

This is to correct a no crank condition, not a long crank condition.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Regarding that recall letter, I received it as well. In response, I just took my car to have the ignition problem fixed one week ago at the dealership. While there, they told me that I had a few other routine items to take care of (spark plugs, fuel filter, drive belt), and they would be more than happy to fix those as well for $600. (I declined, because I know I can have them taken care of for less than half the price elsewhere). My car had no problems starting before last Tuesday. Tonight, out of the blue, my car did not start and it is now making funny clicking noises when I try to start it. We backed it out of the garage into the driveway, just in case it catches on fire while I sleep tonight...

Reply to
shastafras